- Where can I see my orders?
Sign in to your account. Click on your profile name displayed on the top right corner, then click on “My Account” to view all your successful orders.
- Can I cancel or amend the order?
To cancel your order, please contact our Customer Service team via email or phone before 3 PM (a day prior to delivery). Unfortunately, we cannot amend your order. If you need to remove items from your order, you may raise a request to cancel the order and place a new order on our website for the desired items.
- How do I know when my order is accepted?
As soon as you place an order online you will receive an email confirmation which will consist of your order details and order number.
- How do I know the status of my order?
You may contact our customer service team via phone or web chat from Monday to Saturday between 9 AM to 6 PM, to check your order status
Alternatively, you may also write to us at email@example.com Please do include your order number to expedite your request. You will find the order number in the confirmation email sent to you.
- How to place an order on your website?
- Please sign-in to your account with your login details.
- Click on the desired product category (Beers, Wines & Spirits) mentioned on the top of the page.
- Browse through our range of products and click on “Add to Cart” button to select your preferred item.
- The product(s) you’ve selected will be added to your cart.
- You may continue shopping and adding additional items to your cart.
- To view your cart, click on the 'Cart Icon' on the top right corner of the page.
- While in your cart you may change the quantity of the selected items. You may do so by entering the desired quantity under the “QTY” field.
- After selecting your desired quantity, click “update shopping cart” button to reflect the changes.
- When you are ready to checkout, click on “Proceed to Checkout” button which is below your cart total
- You will be asked to verify your phone number, if not done earlier. To verify phone number, click the button to generate OTP. An OTP will be sent to your number updated in your profile; enter the number to complete verification. Post verification, click “Next” button to continue your checkout process
- If you are a returning customer, your last updated address will be auto filled. You may change your contact details and address as required.If you are a new customer, kindly update your name, contact details and address.
- Review your order summary and choose your preferred payment method.
- Once you’ve reviewed your order, click on the “Confirm Order” button.
- You will get an order confirmation via email on successful submission of your order.
- What should I do if I have a problem with my ordered item(s)?
Please get in touch with our Customer Service team via phone or web chat from Monday to Saturday between 9AM to 6PM. Or you may write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org briefly describing the problem you have encountered. Our team will do their best to make things right.
- Are the products authentic ?
All products are 100% authentic. They are stored and transported in climate-controlled conditions to your doorstep. And all perishable products are supplied with sufficient shelf life of up to 1 month.
Every product comes with a quality guarantee, if for any reason you are not satisfied with the product you may refuse to accept it at the time of delivery and we will take it back as return.
- Why is the packaging of the product I received different from the picture on your website?
The product image is only for display purpose, and actual packaging or vintage of the product may differ from the image on our website.
- Is your full portfolio available online?
At present we offer a select range of products through our website. Please visit our site regularly as we plan to increase our product offerings very soon!
- Can I use a group discount, discount coupon or gift voucher while placing orders online?
No. Currently discount coupons, group discounts and gift vouchers cannot be redeemed online.
- Is it safe to place an order using your website?
We use the latest encryption technology to ensure your information is treated securely and to protect against unauthorized access.
- Who is eligible to place orders on your website?
To use our online platform for home delivery, you must be over 21 years of age and:
- UAE Resident with a valid ID (Emirates ID, liquor license, UAE driving license, Passport – any one) OR
- Tourist with original passport.
- Do you offer any promotions or discounts online?
Yes! From time to time, we do offer the best discounts and promotions on our online product range. Visit us regularly for exciting offers on your favorite brands! Please note that promotions and discounts are subject to your delivery location and stock availability.
- What is your Delivery Schedule?
We provide home deliveries on all days
- How soon can you deliver my order?
We can deliver the order same day or next day as per your choice. You may choose the desired delivery method during checkout.
Please note, for the orders to be eligible for the desired delivery method, kindly place your order as per below cutoffs:
- Same day Delivery – Orders placed by or before 5PM will be delivered on the same day. Orders received post 5PM will be delivered next day.
- Standard Delivery – Orders placed by or before 2PM will be delivered next day. Orders received post 2PM will be delivered day after.
- Is there a minimum order value?
No, there is no minimum order value.
- Is there a delivery charge?
Yes, there is a non-refundable delivery fee of AED 20, for orders below AED 100.
- Do you deliver to all areas in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain?
Yes, we do provide same day and next day deliveries to all areas in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain, except for the below areas.
Deliveries to Al Ruwais are scheduled every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday for orders placed by 2PM on Sunday, Tuesday and Friday respectively. Same day deliveries are currently not available for Ruwais.
Deliveries to Madinat Zayed (Zayed City) are scheduled every Monday for orders placed by 2PM on Sunday.
For New Zone selected areas:
- Al Bahyah
- Al Falah
- Al Shahama
- Baniyas West
For other new zone selected areas we deliver every day: Standard Delivery only; No Same Day Delivery available:
- Al Shamkhah
- Bani Yas and Bani Yas East
- Bawabat Al Sharq
In case you have any queries on the area coverage or delivery timelines, please call us or chat with us and our friendly Customer Care Team will be happy to assist you.
- Can you deliver at my office address?
Due to the nature of the product we can only deliver to your home address.
- Do you deliver to serviced apartments and hotels?
Yes, we do.
Our delivery team will call you once they have arrived at your location. If the building security does not give our team the access to the building, you will be required to meet our delivery team in the lobby of the building to accept your delivery. Please note if you fail to meet our delivery team, we will take your order back as returned and refund your payment (excluding delivery fee).
- How will you deliver my order?
Your order will be delivered to you in a refrigerated truck or van. Our team will call you before arriving at your house to confirm the delivery time and check your availability.
At the time of delivery, you will be required to present your valid ID (any one - Emirates ID alcohol license, UAE driving license, Passport) as our team needs to validate it.
- Why do you need to check my ID?
As per the law, only person over the age of 21 can place an order for alcoholic beverages. Hence, in order to confirm the age, we request you to provide us with your valid ID.
Please note, our delivery team will also take a photo of your valid ID to reconcile your order. This will not be used for any other purposes.
- Do I need to personally collect my delivery or can someone else collect it on my behalf?
Yes. We can only deliver your order to you after validating your ID.
- What is your return policy?
We do not accept returns once delivered. You may, however, inspect the items at the time of delivery to assess the condition, and if found to be unsatisfactory in any manner you may then refuse to accept it.
- What if some of the items are missing from my order?
This may occur if the item you ordered is out of stock. We try our best to ensure this does not happen but if it does occur please be assured you will not be charged for the missing item. Your final invoice value will only consist of the items that are being delivered to you.
- Will you refund delivery charge, if the order is not delivered within 48 hours?
Please note the fee of AED 20 (for orders below AED 100) is our standard delivery charge and non-refundable. We charge this amount to cover the cost of delivering alcoholic beverages to your home in a quality controlled, safe and secure manner.
- What is your return policy?
We do not accept returns of goods once delivered. You may however choose to return the full order at the time of delivery without opening the package (or breaking the seal).
In case of damaged or faulty goods, we will provide replacement goods on a case-to-case basis should there be any breakage during delivery or if the products are found to be faulty. Such cases must be notified to us at email@example.com within 24 hours of receiving the order along with a copy of your invoice, photograph of the product and reason for requesting replacement. All replacements are solely at the discretion of African and Eastern Direct and requests will be processed within 72 hours of receiving such requests.
- How long will it take for me to get my refund?
In case of Out-of-Stock items, we will process your refund within 72 hours.
In case an order was refused at the time of delivery, we will process your refund within 72 hours of receiving the stocks back in our warehouse
Please note, depending on the bank, it may about 7-14 business days to reflect your refund back in your credit card / debit card account
- It's been over 15 days and I am yet to receive my refund?
We truly regret the inconvenience and will be happy to help resolve this issue. Please contact our customer service team via phone, web chat or email, for immediate assistance.
- What are the payment options?
You may online via Credit / Debit Card or Cash on Delivery.
Please note, we can only accept payments via Non-Islamic Bank issued Credit/Debit card.
- Do you charge extra for Cash on Delivery?
No. We do not charge any extra fees for this service.
- Do I need to pay VAT?
Yes. All orders are subject to the 5% VAT, in compliance with UAE regulations. Your invoice value is inclusive of VAT.
- Why should I create an account?
Creating an account not only saves you time when you shop, but also makes purchasing your favorite items easier.We'll save your details in a secure place for a quick checkout, so you only need to enter your information once.
- How to create an account?
- Click on the “Create an account” link on the top right corner of our website.
- Fill-in your complete details and click the “Create an Account” Button
- That’s it! And your account is ready to shop!
- Problems logging in?
Please contact our Customer Service team for assistance
- What health and safety measures will the delivery team follow?
All our drivers will wear face masks and are trained to high levels of sanitization before handling any products/deliveries.
Drivers are trained to practice social distancing and therefore will stand at least 2m from the door when delivering your order.
- Is it possible to reduce contact with drivers when they deliver my orders?
Yes. Our delivery team have been advised to reduce contact with customers by
- Checking IDs as well as collecting payments from a distance.
- After successful payment, placing packages at the customer's doorstep and stepping back.
- How will you deliver my order if my building has restrictions and will not allow your delivery team to come to my floor?
Our delivery team will call you once they have arrived at your location. If the building security does give access to our team, then you will be required to meet our team in the lobby of your building and complete the delivery process. Please do carry your valid ID as our team will need to validate it before delivering the goods.
- Our primary objective is to deliver all the products ordered in the right quantity and to a high quality standard.
- User acknowledges that products are subject to stock availability and to human errors. African and Eastern reserves the right to amend your order in whole or in part, at any time and without liability or compensation remove any item that is out of stock, damaged, spoiled, or unavailable for any other reason, to successfully complete your order.
- It’s in our best intention to maintain the replaced item’s price the same as per the brand you ordered but in case of a higher valued replacement, the price may increase.
- We do our best to ensure that all items shown on our website are available to order. If, however any product you order is out of stock or unavailable we may call you to select a substitute.
- No subsequent delivery is obligatory to be made, and the customer is not entitled to claim any further compensation.
- If for any reason beyond our reasonable control, we are unable to supply a particular item, we will not be liable to the customer.
- Please note that we may attempt to reach customer for substitute products if selected products are unavailable, the customer has the right to reject the substitutes offered.
- Although we will always try to cater for your orders, an order of unusually large quantities of different or one product can only be fulfilled at the discretion of the Shop.